TRIECA 2020: Abstract Submissions Guidelines
- Call for Abstracts Opens: July 5, 2019
- Abstract Submission Deadline: September 27, 2019
- Abstract Notification Date: November 29, 2019
Presentations are generally 20 to 40 minutes in length, followed by a five-minute question and answer period.
Successful presenters will be notified of the confirmed time duration for their presentation prior to November 29, 2019.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Please complete the Call for Abstracts form before Friday September 27, 2019. You will need to have the following ready:
- Abstract title
- A brief synopsis of your abstract
- Relevant track: (1) Stormwater Management Track, or (2) Erosion and Sediment Control Track (including Natural Channel Design/Stream Restoration)
- A description of your presentation, including the background and conclusion (1,500 characters maximum)
- Three learning objectives (maximum 250 characters each)
- Intended audience (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Disclosure statement (if applicable)
List primary presenter first. Maximum of two presenters.
- Presenter name
- Presenter title
- Organization name
- Mobile telephone
- Primary email address
- Biography (should be written in third person; 450 characters maximum)
- Profile picture (File format: jpeg; 1MB maximum)
Acceptance as a Presenter
- Honoraria and travel reimbursement are not available.
- Each TRIECA presenter will receive one (1) complimentary conference pass.
- An electronic version of the presentation must be submitted by March 18, 2020.
- Presentations not received by the deadline may be removed from the agenda.
Submission of Final Presentations
Presentation Deadline: March 18, 2020
- Please submit your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint with slides formatted for on screen display (16:9) (see Page Set Up menu in Microsoft PowerPoint).
- A PDF copy of your presentation will be posted on the TRIECA website following the conference.
- Please bring a backup copy of your presentation to the conference on a USB flash drive.
- Speakers are responsible for providing their own hand-out materials (if applicable).
If your abstract is selected, you will be provided with instructions for submitting your presentation.
Presenter Terms & Conditions
By submitting an abstract to TRIECA, the presenter agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The presenter will take full responsibility for the content of their abstract, including any defamatory material or material which infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party.
- The presenter understands that, while they retain ownership of copyright of their abstract, TRIECA 2020 may publish and reproduce abstracts and any biographical information provided by the presenter in the final Conference program, proceedings and on the Conference website.
- The presenter warrants that their work is factually accurate and contains no matter libelous or otherwise unlawful; that such work constitutes their own original work.
- The presenter understands they should not use their presentation as a means of selling their organization’s products or services.
- All documents, memoranda, notes and records relating to TRIECA 2020 produced by TRCA remain property of TRIECA 2020.
- The presenter gives TRCA permission to have the presentation live-streamed via webcast.
- The presenter gives TRCA permission for the re-distribution and sale of presentation at the conclusion of TRIECA 2020 on the conference website and the Sustainable Technologies Evaluation Program (STEP) website (www.sustainabletechnologies.ca).
Abstract Review Notification
Presenters will be notified by email on November 29, 2019 to confirm if their abstract has been accepted.
For questions regarding the abstract submission process, please contact Victoria Kring at email@example.com.